BSMQ opens for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) Nominations from 19 April to 25 April.
While Subclass 491 visa is open to COVID critical skill or sectors such as those listed below, Hospitality occupations such as Café and Restaurant Managers, Chefs and Cooks are also on the list, which is a welcome development.
- Air Ambulance, Critical Medical, Medical Technology,
- Engineering, Critical Infrastructure, Supply Chain
- Telecommunications, Film & Television Production,
- Maritime Industry, Agricultural Technology Food Technology,
- Mining, Emerging Technology, Financial Technology, and
- Large Scale Manufacturing.
The Queensland 491-SBO (Small Business Owner) pathway is also open. However, there are some changes to requirements:
- The purchased pre-existing business will need to have been operating for 2 years instead of 1 year.
- Minimum purchase price has been increased to $100,000 whereas earlier the requirement was that the total investment in the business had to be $100,000.
- Petrol stations, cleaning businesses, cleaning businesses etc will not be considered in future.
Unfortunately applications of those who are s48 barred will continue to be not processed, which is a major disappointment given that the New Zealand Travel Bubble has started.
For further information feel free to contact our office on +61 8233 6191 or click on the button below.