Practical Skills Assessments: India, South Africa, UK
Update by VETASSESS
- VETASSESS has dates for Practical Assessments in India, the UK and South Africa over the next two months.
- They will conduct Practical Assessments for electricians in New Delhi from October 11 – 21.
- Their assessors will be assessing licensed trades in the UK from October 18 21 and South Africa from November 14 25.
- Applicants can book now via VETASSESS online portal.
- Electricians, plumbers and air-conditioning/refrigeration mechanics need a practical assessment for Australian migration purposes.
Victoria Program Review Update
Data as at 31 August 2022 Published
Victoria has published program review details for the year 2022-23 as follows:
Data as at 31 August 2022
|Places allotted to VIC||ROIs received||ROIs Selected||Application Submitted for Nomination|
Unrestricted work rights for student visa holders to end on 30 June 2023
Update from Department of Home Affairs
- To address workforce shortages, student visa work hours restrictions have been temporarily relaxed. This will end on 30 June 2023.
- Until 30 June 2023, all ongoing students as well as new student arrivals and secondary applicants are able to work more than 40 hours a fortnight in any sector of the economy and work before their course of study commences.
- After the 30 June 2023, the number of hours a Student visa holder will be allowed to work will again be capped. The number of hours a Student visa holder works, ensures that Students focus on obtaining a quality Australian education and qualification.
- Students must make sure they are aware of any changes to visa conditions, including work rights.