VETASSESS NEWS AND UPDATES
Update: practical assessments for licensed trades
VETASSESS plans to resume offshore practical skills assessments for applicants in licensed trade occupations in May 2022.
They will hold practical assessments in the United Kingdom in late May for air-conditioning and refrigeration mechanic and plan to hold assessments for the occupations of plumber, electrician and air-conditioning or refrigeration mechanic in South Africa in June and July.
The first places will be offered to applicants who have been waiting the longest time and they are writing to those applicants as times and venues become available.
Applicants in the licensed trades of electrician, plumber and air-conditioning or refrigeration mechanic are required to pass a practical assessment for a skills assessment for migration to Australia.
News from Migration Queensland
Skilled and Business Migration Program Update
– Migration Queensland is close to filling half of their skilled nomination allocation for FY2122
– The Migration Queensland skilled program is still open, and it is a great opportunity for those working onshore in Queensland to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI), as they are open to the entire legislative instrument for state nomination, which includes 504 occupations.
– Due to the high demand, they have from onshore applicants, and their limited nomination allocation, it is unlikely that they will open to offshore applicants until the next Australian financial year that starts on July 1, 2022.
– This opportunity for onshore migrants working in Queensland has also been heightened by previously s48 barred applicants now being able to apply for state-nominated visas from 13 November 2021.
– The 491-SBO program has also been a highly popular pathway this year, and Migration Queensland has received hundreds of EOIs from applicants for this pathway. As these applications have a higher number of documents to be assessed, they ask you to advise your 491-SBO clients that there may be an extended assessment period from 4 to 6 weeks following an invitation to submit documents
– A final kind request for agents to ensure a submission of one EOI only, and please advise your clients that they will be processing the first EOI picked up. In addition to this, please note that an email explanation to support how a skilled applicant meets a COVID priority occupation is not required (this was a requirement of FY20-21 but no longer a requirement in 21-22).
6 Answers by Experts – April 2022
VETASSESS Blog – 6 Answers by Experts April 2022 related to employment evidence faqs
1. What samples of work do you require for the role of Marketing Specialist?
For Marketing Specialist, we like to see samples of your work such as marketing plans, marketing collateral and contracts, if these are relevant to your employment. These are not mandatory documents, but we find them helpful to understand the type and variety of work you have performed. This supplementary material helps us, regardless of the location of your employment.
2. I am a Geologist who changes employers regularly because I perform project work. Can my experience be combined to meet the employment requirements?
For this occupation, project roles such as fly in/fly out contracts of three months or more are accepted for employment experience. A number of these types of contracts may be combined for employment experience. Rosters may have unregulated weekly hours, which means they may not meet the requirements for a minimum number of hours of work performed. For this reason, we prefer that the overarching contract is submitted, as it will outline the specific basis on which work was performed.
3. I am the owner of a coffee shop. Can I apply for a skill assessment as a Cafe and Restaurant Manager?
Cafe and Restaurant Manager is an occupation under ANZSCO, (ANZSCO Code 141111). This occupation includes cafe owners who are responsible for managing their business operations, so an owner must be involved in the business in a managerial capacity and satisfy the requirements for education and employment experience.
As you are self-employed, we will request evidence from your chartered/registered accountant to provide testimony of your primary income and tax documents. This evidence should include the business registration details.
You can find an information sheet on this occupation here.
And our blog on self-employment experience here.
4. Can I submit a job offer or contract as evidence of employment or my ability to perform tasks?
A job offer or contract does not tell us that you have actually worked at that position, so we ask that you provide evidence of proven experience. The offer or contract could be used as supporting evidence, but it would be taken as supplementary evidence to your application.
5. In my application for my trade occupation, can I include experience from jobs I worked more in than five years ago?
Having up-to-date skills is important in trade occupations. We look for 12 months currency within the last three years. Anything prior to that can be submitted, but we need to see that you are at the skill level of that occupation in the last three years.
6.I can upload a reference from my current manager, but I dont want my employer to know that I am considering migrating to Australia. How do I make sure you dont contact her?
Please let us know that you do not wish for us to contact your current employer. This is a common request, and we can assure you there are other ways to verify the information provided without alerting your employer to your intention to apply.
Victorian Skilled Migration Program Update
ROI submissions close Friday 29 April
From 5pm, Friday 29 April, Victorian Skilled Migration Program will no longer be accepting Registration of Interest (ROI) submissions. If you wish to submit a ROI for the 2021-22 skilled program, you must submit the ROI by 5pm this Friday 29 April.
After 5pm, Friday 29 April, they will continue to assess any ROIs that were submitted. ROIs will continue to be selected and invited to apply for Victorian visa nomination. If you withdraw a ROI you will not be able to submit a new one until the 2022-23 program opens.
The 2022-23 Victorian Skilled Migration Program is scheduled to open to new ROIs in July 2022. More information on the 2022-23 program will be published closer to the opening.