South Australia 2023-24 Skilled Migration Changes
New Priorities and Processes for State Nomination
South Australia has introduced changes to its General Skilled Migration program, and here are the key points:
- Skilled Occupation List Published: South Australia has released its 2023 24 Skilled Occupation List, which outlines the occupations eligible for state nomination.
- Registration of Interest (ROI) Process: To manage the high demand from potential applicants residing and working in the state, South Australia has implemented a Registration of Interest (ROI) process. Applicants must submit an ROI and be invited to apply for state nomination; direct applications are not accepted.
- Priority for International Graduates and Temporary Visa Holders: South Australia will prioritize retaining its international graduates and temporary visa holders in the invitation process.
- Targeted Occupations: Highly skilled overseas workers in specific high-demand fields such as Trades and Construction, Defence, Health, Education, Natural and Physical Science, and Social and Welfare Professionals will receive invitations for South Australian nomination.
- Specialized Skills: South Australia is also interested in overseas workers with experience in the defence industry or highly specialized skills in digital and critical technologies.
- Broad Occupational Opportunities: International graduates and other temporary visa holders can still apply for a wide range of occupations, and there are over 290 occupations open to offshore skilled workers.
- Business Innovation and Investment Program: South Australia is not accepting applications for state nomination for the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188). However, existing provisional visa holders (subclass 188) can apply for nomination for the extension stream or permanent visa (subclass 888) in 2023 24 without a nomination cap.
- Application Fees: The application fees for South Australian nomination in 2023/24 can be found on the Application Fees page. It’s worth noting that submitting a Registration of Interest for South Australian nomination is free of charge.
Skilled Migrants & International Graduates
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190): $359
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491): $359
Registration of Interest: $Nil